Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nothing Says I Love You Like Fetish in the Shower!

One of my all time favorite blends, so, so good....Fetish: A Rich & Sensual Blend of Leather, Vanilla, Berries, Sandalwood &  Musk......in a Beer & Coconut Milk Soap with Shea & Cocoa Butters

Fetish is made with local, home brewed beer, courtesy of our good friend Jim in South Jersey, Thanks Jim! ;)

The story of this fragrance is actually what started my quest to blend my own fragrances and in turn start making soap, so it is very near & dear to my heart.  When I was 19, I walked into a store and fell in love with one of their fragrance oils, Leather & Vanilla.  When I say in love with, I couldn't not smell this blend, I carried viles of the oil and small candles in my purse.  It was rich, sensual, and just perfect.  Needless to say, as always happens when one loves a scent so much, the company went out of business and never sold their blend, this wonderful scent just vanished.  But, the fabulous people at the store that carried it were nice enough to let me know that it was being discontinued far in advance, so I was able to buy every single bottle and candle that they had in the store for a month straight, and I can happily say that, though I use them, sparingly, I still have a little stock left almost 10 years later.  I still refer back to that bottle when tweaking any blend I've worked on with Leather & Vanilla.

So, knowing that I could no longer get that brand, I started out on a quest to blend my own to scent as close to that one as I could.  At that time I had no idea how complex fragrance blends were.  It said leather and vanilla, so that's what I started with.  Well, blending fragrances is a little more complex than that.  It takes many, many notes sometimes to make up what may only smell like a few to most people.  You cannot always pick out the other oils, but that doesn't mean that they don't play a key part in making a well balanced blend.  That is what this taught me.  Well, it has changed many, many times since I first started trying to blend it in 2002, and will probably be tweaked a little here and there since I can't seem to help myself sometimes, but I was so, so happy with the end result this time around.  Next step, what kind of soap do I put this beautiful unisex blend in?  

When trying to decide, all I could think of was beer and coconut milk.....what a beautiful bar!  I have to admit, that I could not put the bars down while packaging them, they smell amazing!  I happily tucked a few bars away in my car just so they will leave their scent....I LOVE THIS BLEND!  Even now, 3 bars sit beside me and I cannot seem to stop sniffing them.....So, have you figured out why I called this one Fetish yet? :)

I really had a point when I sat down to write tonight, but I keep getting side tracked by this scent....Am I the only one completely obsessed with Leather & Vanilla blends???

Happily sitting in a room smelling like Fetish Beer & Coconut Milk Soap when I should be in bed....

~Selena
XoXoXo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment today!